Friday, November 1, 2013

Katzenjammer: Wisdom of the Ancients

NOTE: These quotes were discovered later in our research of human culture. They don't really fit into the time narrative of the other posts, as we were unable to read English when these other journals were being recorded, but I felt they were useful in relaying the philosophy of our group -- of the entire clutch system, as it were:
"Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observed—to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and science..."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
- Albert Einstein
"None of us is as smart as all of us."
 - attributed to Kenneth Hartley Blanchard
"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom."
- Albert Einstein
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
-Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment