Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Didgeridoo: Light on my Feet

Curse those Epicon! If I ever get back the first thing I'm going to do is...

Sigh. No, it won't fix anything. What's done is done. I have to focus on the here and now.

So here we are, on an unfamiliar world, with only the most basic supplies to defend ourselves. And it's not enough that we have new terrain and wildlife to contend with, we have INTELLIGENCE to deal with. BIG, smart things. Who knows what they could do to us?

At the moment, the one native we've met seems to be amicable. He was armed (sort of) but considering the way we fell into his dwelling I'm not surprised. I think he realized we were in trouble and felt we weren't as threatening as he had originally perceived. I'm sure I could have taken him, but after the day I had, I'm glad I didn't have to.

So, there are some elements about this world that have an effect on us. The gravity is lower, so we can jump higher here. The air is thinner, so I think we've been acting a bit loopier. It's colder, so I'm glad I brought my poncho. We'll need to get more of these made up for the others.

Food is going to be an issue. Wurtzel is doing some chemical analysis to see what (if anything) we can eat here. Moog's pet respim has been snapping up some bugs down here. I tried a couple and haven't noticed any ill effects, so we might have something there. I'd go out and gather some local plants to bring back, but there's hardly any trees outside. We must be in a commercial center, so we're going to have to do some trading with the locals to get supplies. Our host has offered up a few bowls, but Gimble seems put off by their... artificiality.

Anyways, I'm going to get back to moving some things around. This room seems to be some sort of storage or repair workshop, and it was never meant to house a clutch of Mim. I suppose if I don't break anything, I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment