Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Scrump: A Roof Over Our Heads

I think we were all surprised at that first glimpse of a new world on the other side of the portal, but I'm pretty sure I was the most optimistic of the group: architecture. Honest to Mud architecture. A structure created by an intelligent race. I didn't even care what it was used for, all I knew is that I was going to have a lot more to do than make maps here!

The first room we arrived in seemed to be some sort of workshop, or maybe a storage area. Lots of electronics and mechanics, all in various states of functionality. There were surfaces filled with tools, and identification signs on many of the shelves. There were a couple doors and windows, and a flight of stairs leading upwards. It was from here our new host arrived.

Outside are a number of other similar structures, all filled with various goods. I think these must be shops, and our host perhaps repairs and sells these machines. There is a roadway in the front for land vehicles, and a small park across the way. Not much in the way of plant life, but a few benches and small structures that look like they are for physical activity. Behind this structure is a space where a refuse collection box is located. I'm eager to get out and explore, but I realize that might not be the best idea right now. I'll settle for exploring the upstairs if we can find a way to communicate with our host.

At the moment, we're setting up a space in the back where we can organize our efforts. This is a very cluttered space, but by the looks of it, there is a system to it. I'll try not to mess things up too badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment