Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Nudnik: I See the Light

What is there to say that everyone else hasn't said? We're on a new world, with a million new sights to see. We arrived at night locally, and things were fairly dark. Our host uses internal light sources to illuminate the dwelling, and similar lights are posted along the streets outside. I feel I may have to wait until morning to make a full report.

I've been taking pictures of everything since we've arrived, but most of it is just machinery and signs for others to refer to. Scrump and I are setting up an oneironment for Flink using this space, so we aren't always in the way when we want to explore inside.

I took some pictures of our host as well. At first I was planning on posting these photos to this blog, but I don't want to give away any incriminating information just yet. Best to lay low for now.

The stars are beautiful. I can see where the planet must rotate -- one of the poles. We appear to be on an outer edge of a galaxy, as there are still stars in all direction, but a clear stream of them across the sky in one spot. The galactic core is in that direction.

There is a single bright moon in the sky, reflecting light from what I assume is the local star,

The sky is changing now, lightening, filled with colors.

...

Wow.

...

Words can't really describe it. For the first time, I actually forgot to take a photo. Sunrise on an alien world. It's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment