Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hornswoggle: The Right Tools for the Job

What a day. I had to destroy the research station to cover our tracks. A shame, really. Overloading the power cell was the only way to make sure those zealots weren't going to follow us here. Still, by the looks of it, I couldn't have happened upon a better destination.

We've arrived on a new world, finding ourselves in what appears to be a workshop of some kind. Electronic devices line the walls, with various mechanical systems stacked on the floor. Visual displays, input devices, various removable media drives, large appliances with various piping and wires. None of this looks especially advanced, but I think we can use it.

My main goal is going to be to construct a beacon of some sort -- a way to send communications back to Tulagwee, to let them know we are safe and, if all security is confirmed, our coordinates. Hopefully they can get us back then. My worry is that we'll have the resources we need to build even a simple data-only projector.

I'm anxious to get communications going with out native host. I suspect he knows more about these machines, and having a fellow mechanic familiar with these system will only help my efforts. Some of the others seem to think this is a store of some kind, perhaps one that refurbished broken machines and resells them. If that's true, I should be able to assist our new friend in exchange for our room and board.

I should mention the situation with Flink -- her memory banks were wiped. She took a shot to the head as we were escaping. Thankfully, her personality systems were protected, and had such a blast befallen any of us organics, we'd be in serious trouble. Not having her records is going to set us back, but thankfully we can refill her mind with local data. I need to find some way to upload some sort of educational data into her systems efficiently. Some of these machines must be computers, I'm sure of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment