Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Polliwog: What's the Frequency?

I'm part of Alpha Squad. Usually, I'm one of the first to make a report. But we've never had to deal with intelligence before. Almost instantly, it was clear Vindaloo was going to have his hands full in the speech department, and in a dwelling, we weren't immediately threatened by wildlife. So I've had to be more subtle to begin with.

It's quiet. There are the usual sounds of machines running, of various sounds that come from an urban area. But overall, not much is going on. The fact that it is dark outside, and from the looks of our new host, we've arrived in the middle of a sleep cycle.

I did stumble upon one device that looks interesting. I was absent-mindedly pushing buttons on a small electronic device connected to a large box. As I did, a loud noise of speech and other sounds burst forth. I quickly deactivated the device. It's some sort of broadcasting device using audio playback. I don't want to cause another disturbance right now, so I'll wait until it seems like there is more sounds outside.

I've resigned myself to playing a soft tune on my lute in the corner, to help lower anxiety and remind us of home. Hopefully our host won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment