Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Flink: Status Update

It has been explained to me that my long-term data storage has been compromised, and no sufficient backup is currently available As a memoid, this is a significant problem. It seems my personality core is intact, and repairs to my storage unit have restored my ability to retain information, but I will require alternative data dumps. I have been able to access my team members' handheld devices for some basic information, but it would seem that I am now at the mercy of manual education from my clutchmates.

To compromise matters, we are no longer on Tulagwee. The circumstances leading to my impairment have also been responsible for displacing the team to an alien world. It would seem that I must now keep at least three distinct databases -- one for universal knowledge, one for Mimyn culture refreshers, and one for the specifics of this new planet. In some ways we are lucky, as we have discovered a native intelligent species in the grip of an information technology era. Massive multimedia databases linked across the world are available, and it should be only a matter of time until I can access and incorporate them.

I also seem to be the only source of oneironment access to the team. As such, I have been requested to maintain this alternative information record which can be more accessible to both Mimyn and native users. I only hope I can provide as much knowledge as needed despite my handicap.

No comments:

Post a Comment